Welcome to the Habiplace, HabiSearch or HabiHome website on https://www.habiplace.com/, https://www.habisearch.co.uk, https://www.habihome.co.uk or https://app.habiplace.com (each a “Site” and collectively the “Sites”), owned and operated by HoMible Ltd (trading as Habiplace, HabiSearch or HabiHome). Throughout these Terms, HoMible Ltd may be referred to as “Habiplace”, “HabiSearch”, “HabiHome”, “we”, “us”, or “our”.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Sites are operated by HoMible Ltd, which is registered in England and Wales under company number 10768323 and has its registered office at 14a Albany Road, Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom, DT4 9TH and trading address at 539 Chickerell Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT3 4DL.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. We will email you with notification of any significant changes. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our Sites from time to time, and may change the content of them at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Sites, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
We do not guarantee that our Sites, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Sites is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of a Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason a Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access a Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
ABOUT OUR SITES
Our Sites are directed at users residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that the content available on or through our Sites is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our Sites or any service or product described on our Sites to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access a Site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
HabiHome is a platform through which users can gather, organise and manage their household bills and data. Users will be able to sync various utility accounts and online bills onto their profile which include (but is not limited to) broadband, mobile, landline, TV, insurance, gas, water and electric.
Users give HabiHome access to their individual utility accounts which the platform adds to the user dashboard. This enables users to view and manage relationships with third party service providers of household utilities through one platform.
We will only access users’ utility accounts for the purposes set out in these Terms, and will only undertake actions in relation to users’ utility accounts as and when directed by users.
Users should review the terms and conditions of their utility providers and ensure that they always abide by those terms and conditions. Pursuant to clause 9 below, we take no responsibility for users’ actions that may or may not be in accordance with the terms and conditions of their utility providers.
HabiHome acts on behalf of comparison sites which include SEOPA, Stickee Technology and Energylinx in order to provide you with our Services. When connected with or using the services of third party businesses, users must refer to their respective terms and conditions.
HabiSearch is a platform through which potential home-buyers can declare their interest in any home in the UK and potential home-sellers can understand how likely they are to sell their home and at what price. Users provide HabiSearch with their contact information and details of their home where applicable. When a potential home-buyer expresses serious interest in a home (through what we call a “hard follow”), HabiSearch provides the home-buyer with an opportunity to be connected to an estate agent to help them buy the property. We also provide potential home-sellers with the opportunity to be connected to an estate agent to help them sell their property. We will never share your personal information or account details with an estate agent without your permission.
Pursuant to clause ‘Limitation of our liability’ below, we cannot be held liable for any quotes that users receive from a third party business. We also cannot be held liable for any act, omission or any damaging action caused by a third party business.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
You are required to register for an account in order to use the Service. You must be 18 or older to visit our Sites or use our Services. If you choose, or you are provided with, a username (or user identification code), password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
The main account holder of a HabiHome account may choose to invite a Collaborator to join their account. This person will have all the same access, viewing and editing rights as the main account holder, including access to utility and comparison services.
Any changes or additions made to the account information by the Collaborator will be visible to anyone who can see the property profile. It is important for the main account holder to ensure that the chosen Collaborator is a person they trust, as pursuant to clause 12 below, we will not be responsible for any content uploaded by users.
Any changes or additions made to the account by the Collaborator will be retained on the account and visible to anyone who can see the property profile, even after the Collaborator has had his/her access rights as Collaborator deactivated. Pursuant to clause 13 below, the Collaborator grants us the same rights as the main account holder in relation to user-uploaded content, and we will retain those rights set out in clause 13 (B) even after the Collaborator has had his/her access rights as Collaborator deactivated.
DEXI.IO ACCOUNT SYNC FEATURE TERMS
HabiHome’s account sync feature is enabled by the Dexi.io data gathering service (the “Dexi Service”) provided by Dexi ApS, Denmark company 37272744 (trading as “Dexi.io”). Your use of our account sync feature from within the HabiHome Service is subject to the following terms.
- Provide Accurate Information. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your accounts maintained at other websites. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or your account information. You agree to keep your account information up to date and accurate.
- Proprietary Rights. You are permitted to use information, data or other materials delivered to you through the Dexi Service only on the HabiHome Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this information, data or other materials. You agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the Dexi Service technology.
- Account Content You Provide. You are licensing to us and to Dexi.io, any data, passwords or other information (collectively, “Account Content”) you provide through or to the Dexi Service. HabiHome and Dexi.io may use, modify, display, distribute and create new material using such Account Content only to provide the Dexi Service and the Service to you. By submitting Account Content, You warrant that the owner of such Account Content has expressly agreed that, without any particular time limit, and without the payment of any fees, HabiHome and Dexi.io may use the Account Content for the purposes set out above.
- Disclaimer of warranties. You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the Dexi Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Dexi Service is at your sole risk. The Dexi Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. HabiHome and Dexi.io expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind as to the Dexi Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Dexi Service, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- HabiHome and Dexi.io make no warranty that (i) the Dexi Service will meet your requirements, (ii) the Dexi Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Dexi Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Dexi Service will meet your expectations, or (v) any errors in the technology will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Dexi Service is done at your own discretion and risk and you are solely responsible for any damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Habiplace or Dexi.io through or from the Dexi Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
- Limitation of liability. You agree that neither HabiHome nor Dexi.io nor any of their affiliates, account providers or any of their affiliates will be liable for any harms, which lawyers and courts often call direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if HabiHome or Dexi.io has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Dexi Service ; (ii) the cost of getting substitute goods and services, (iii) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Dexi Service ; (iv) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (v) statements or conduct of anyone on the Dexi Service; (vi) the use, inability to use, unauthorised use, performance or non-performance of any third party account provider site, even if the provider has been advised previously of the possibility of such damages; or (vii) any other matter relating to the Dexi Service.
- Indemnification. You agree to protect and fully compensate HabiHome and Dexi.io and their affiliates from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys/legal fees) caused by or arising from your use of the Dexi Service, your violation of these terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
- Dexi.io. You agree that Dexi.io is a third party beneficiary of these Terms, with all rights to enforce such provisions as if Dexi.io were a party to these Terms.
HABIPLACE AND DEXI.IO AS YOUR LIMITED AGENT
By using the HabiHome you appoint and authorise HabiHome and Dexi.io (described above) to act as your limited agent for the sole purpose of:
- access and manage your third party provider accounts, and the information contained therein, on your behalf;
- retrieve information requested by you and to register for accounts requested by you; and
- assist in changing providers where specifically requested by you.
You appoint HabiHomeand Dexi.io a limited agent for the purposes described above and authorise HabiHome to do and perform each and every act and thing requisite and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, with full power and authority to access any and all information relating to the accounts designated by you, through any means including access to third party sites and servers and any other means relevant to you. Effectively, you authorise HabiHome and Dexi.io to act as you would in person. This authorisation remains effective for as long as you use the HabiHome Services and/or Dexi Services.
You acknowledge and agree that when HabiHome or Dexi.io accesses and retrieves information from third parties relating to you, HabiHome or Dexi.io is acting on your behalf as your agent, and not as an agent of any third party or other entity. You agree that the authorisation that you grant to us and to Dexi.io to act on your behalf may be relied upon by third parties and that our Service is not endorsed by any of the third party Providers accessible through the Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold us (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees) from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses incurred by us as a result of any claim, judgment, or adjudication against us related to or arising in connection with our limited agency.
We do not warrant or otherwise guarantee that such third parties permit use of our service or the Dexi Service as part of any agreement you have in place with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Sites, and in the material published on them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Sites for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Sites. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Sites must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our Sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. If you print off, copy or download any part of a Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Sites will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Sites other than as necessary to enable you to access the Sites. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Sites (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within a Site.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our Sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Sites. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Sites is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information relating to services provided by our members available on our marketplace is accurate at the time of going online. However, certain information shown (including but not limited to service description and pricing) is provided by our members. This information is provided in good faith and we cannot be held liable for any errors or information relating thereto. Our members reserve the right to change the prices advertised and to add, alter or remove special offers from time to time and as necessary.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- use of, or inability to use, our Sites; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Sites.
Please note that we only provide our Sites for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Sites for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Sites or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to them.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Sites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Our Sites provides access to information regarding the services available from our members. We accept no responsibility for any interactions between customers and the businesses that they choose to contact via our site. You acknowledge that further interaction with a business listed on our marketplace is undertaken at your own risk and that we cannot be held liable for any resulting loss or damage.
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
Content that you post using our Services is your content, and includes (but is not limited to) anything you post using our Services such as usernames, profile pictures, photos, descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, etc (“Your Content”). We do not make any claim to Your Content.
- Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or uploading it to a Site.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting Your Content through our Services, you grant us a licence to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help us function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote Your Content.
- Rights You Grant to us. By posting Your Content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual licence to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Services and to promote Habiplace, HabiSearch, HabiHome or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Services or third-party website or advertising medium. Your Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. We take intellectual property rights very seriously, and are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Services without your permission and you want it removed, please contact us at the email below. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property or privacy, we will remove it if we receive proper notice. If any third party claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Services violates their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy, you will be liable to them and we have the right to disclose your identity to them. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. This should be common sense, but there are certain types of content we don’t want posted via the Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for Your Content or the accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Services.
- Confidential Content. While we try to make sure that the Sites are secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive, or valuable.
We do not guarantee that our Sites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Sites. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our Sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Sites, the server on which a Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Sites. You must not attack our Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Sites will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our Sites’ home pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to a Site in any website that is not owned by you. A Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of a Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards paragraph set out below (Content Standards). If you wish to make any use of content on our Sites other than that set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY/ EXTERNAL LINKS AND RESOURCES ON OUR SITE
To provide increased value and convenience to our users, we may provide links to other websites, information or resources for you to access at your sole discretion and risk. You acknowledge and agree that we are not in control of or responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable in any way, whether directly or indirectly, for:
- The privacy practices of such websites
- The content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources
- The use which others make of these websites
- Any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused to you, arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance upon any advertising, content, products, goods, materials or services available on and/or purchased by you from such external websites or resources
You may use our Sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Sites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards described in the next paragraph (Content Standards).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of a Site in contravention of these Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of a Site;
- any equipment or network on which a Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to a Site (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with our Sites. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of a Site. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to a Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These Terms, and all incorporated documents referred to herein, constitutes the entire agreement as to your use of and our provision of the Sites and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral. You acknowledge that, in entering into this agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any incorporated documents referred to herein.
These Terms will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our Site.